Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOVEMBER; MONTH OF THE PLEIADES


Image borrowed from. http://www.sacredfamiliar.com
Good cold November day to you!
Yesterday I had a conversation with a nice woman standing in line at Target.  As I struggled to figure out which flavor of gum to buy (spearmint or lemon) she nonchalantly asked me how my day was going.  I responded that it was going quite well in spite of the fact that I was still struggling with learning how and why tweeters use hashtags (#), our furnace had gone out the night before so it was rather cold (luckily all three cats curled up on and warmed my feet) and, now here's the Piece de resistance, it's Tuesday and I have a blog to write but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to share. She smiled softly and said, "I hope the rest of your day is better." Well, I felt a bit silly as my complaints were rather minor, but I knew when I returned home I would head towards the computer and that thought instilled a thread of fear because I didn't know what I was going to write about. But then suddenly, something in the magazine rack caught my eye and voila, with an exaggerated sigh of relief, I knew.  The blogger Gods had been listening and saved me from an empty blog post. (I'll get back to this later.)

Away from my regular writing routine right now, my days at present are filled with 'tweeting' 'sharing' 'following' 'posting' 'favoriting' 'retweeting' 'liking' and 'hashtagging.' Now, don't get me wrong, I kinda like this part of the book biz. Being an indie author it is just as important to find readers, promote my books, and support others writers as it is writing my books.  And, every day I'm feeling more competent on Twitter, Facebook, and all the other social media sites imperative to indie authors such as myself who don't have a large publishing house backing them up, promoting their books, and stocking Barnes and Noble shelves with their novels. And, very importantly, I'm meeting fellow writers, artists, bloggers, book fanatics, and other like-minded individuals who I would probably enjoy having a cup of coffee with.  But let's be honest. I'd rather write.  So, since I am on a writing hiatus, which I will be off right after Christmas as I dive into Book Four, the fourth novel in my White Bird Series, titled, Blue Crystal Mountain, I've decided that my blog is where I can focus my thoughts, get them out, have a brief visit with my passion: sharing knowledge. So then what caught my eye in the store? Right on the front of a magazine, I forget which one, was a picture of three sisters.  Somehow the words, 'Seven Sisters' popped into my head, and being that I've been fascinated with these enigmatic, mythological creatures ever since I can remember, I settled on the fact that this would be perfect! Therefore, being that we are in the middle of the month of November, which, by the way is considered the month of the Pleiades because it's at this time that the Pleiades shine from dusk until dawn, I've decided to explore the world of the Seven Sisters, or, the Pleiades.   

First, I'll talk a little bit about the Pleiades star cluster, which happens to be one of the most distinctive groups of stars in the sky. This tiny star cluster looks like a tiny dipper of misty stars situated in the tail-end of the Taurus constellation. Some claim this open star cluster contains over 3,000 stars, is about 400 light years away, and only 13 light years across. The Pleiades is the closest star cluster to earth and the seven stars can be seen at night with the naked eye by everyone inhabiting the globe. Most prominent in the winter months, it can be seen from as far north as the North Pole, and as far south as the southern most part of South America. For those of you familiar with the famous constellation Orion, you won't have any trouble finding these stars.  Just follow the three stars making up Orion's belt, letting your eyes travel upwards and a bit to the right, past the V-shaped pattern of stars, which happens to be the face of Taurus the Bull , and then you'll find the cluster.  Not surprisingly, just about every culture around the world has a legend associated with the Pleiades, mostly involving tales of pursuit and escape, or legends suggesting a solution. Known since ancient times to cultures around the world, the Lakota Sioux refer to them as 'Wicincala Sakowin' (seven little girls) and the Hopi claim that when you die your spirit returns to the Seven Sisters, many, many other cultures provide their own story to the enigmatic little cluster of stars.  Follow the links I've provided below to read more about this.
Cherokee
Greek
Inuit
Navajo
Aztec

As I claimed earlier, I've had a fascination with the Seven Sisters, or the Pleiades ever since I was very, very young.  There's something magical about the myths surrounding this star cluster, something that grabbed on to me and took hold.  I'm not an astronomy fanatic or a star-gazer, but I'm drawn to looking up into the night sky, searching for this cluster, then my gaze always gravitates downward, past Orion's belt, settling comfortably unto the magnificent star Sirius, another heavenly orb that's always fascinated me.  And so, as I grew up, the one belief I always held on to was that I would write a book, or books, and I would include these sisters in my story.  At the time I didn't know how profound this would be as the series of books I am at present writing are highly influenced by these sisters, and / or the Pleiades.
In my book, Illuminating Crystal, Book One in the White Bird Series, the prologue introduces readers to seven women and one man.  Their names are: Akasha, Aurora, Athena, Anastasia, Alcoyne, Alectra, and Astra. The man's name is Adamas.  It is here, in the prologue titled, A Walk in the Stars, one sister, along with the man and a very large blue serpent, return to earth in a shower of stars to witness the greatest event in the history of humanity. Whether or not the reader knows this, the series has been set up to follow these two star travelers as they navigate through earth's heavy overtones. As the books progress through the series, the reader will be reacquainted with these characters, however, I cannot explain how or why as it might spoil a surprise. For those of who you have read my books, you are being to realize how and why. And for those of you who have not, here is a link to Amazon where you can look inside the book and read the prologue to Illuminating Crystal.
In Book Two, Crystal Blue Sky, Crystal becomes acquainted with two Elders, a Lakota Oglala Sioux and a Hawaiian. Both Elders tell her stories about beings from the Star Nations and an Atlantean Serpent, both coming from a place called the Pleiades, or the Seven Sisters.  In Book Three, Little Blue Star,  Crystal meets an enigmatic bright-eyed old woman who teaches Crystal about the stars in the Orion constellation and the Seven Sisters, explaining that this is where Crystal and her dog have come from.  I can honestly tell this to readers who've yet to read my books because it is no mystery that Crystal is a Child of the Stars.  And so, maybe now you're beginning to understand how important the Pleiades and the Seven Sisters are to my books and the unfolding story of my 18-year-old reluctant Avatar, born to illuminate humanity by the name of Crystal Blue.

Along with the fact that these stars have captivated myself along with various cultures since antiquity, many tribes claim that they've come from these stars. In the links I provided above, especially for the Sioux and the Hopi, their stories allude to the fact that their ancestors were star beings, not mere earth mortals as other theories suggest. As I began exploring the world of the divine metaphysical, traveling the globe in search of teachers who could tell me who I was, where I came from, and why I was here, I began hearing about a land called Lemuria and beings called Pleiadians.  I was drawn to these stories from the get go, feeling a strong connection, a pull, a sense of home.  It was then that I began realizing why I held such a fascination with the Seven Sister stories. Why I was always compelled to look up into the night sky, searching for this magical cluster of stars. The deeper I dug, the more information I discovered about this ancient land and race of humans who are said to have come to earth from the Pleiades.  I began hearing these stories before I started doing research for my books.  It was only then that I discovered that throughout the ages various cultures have claimed they did not come from earth, but rather from the stars, and their ancestors from these stars shared with them an ancient wisdom some claim are humanity's birthright: the secrets of the Divine Human. Again, another integral piece to my books as this is why Crystal is now set to travel the globe.  Her mission, after all, and written on the back cover of Illuminating Crystal, is to travel the world and unveil the sacred knowledge held by indigenous groups, knowledge that will illuminate humanity.  Readers discover in Book One that Crystal's ancestor is a Star Warrior, an ancient Goddess who made a contract with a group of ancient beings, whose energies are held deep below the earth, many light years ago. Crystal was brought to earth to satisfy this contract.  I don't want to go into more detail, but it is not mere coincidence that I created this scenario.
I, as many others do, fully believe that many humans have the souls of these ancient Lemurians and are awakening to this fact, are feeling compelled to investigate these beings.  Because this is indeed the greatest time in the history of humanity, as we walk from one age into another without having to die in order to get there, many, many souls are awakening to the fact that they are not merely human, but rather something a bit grander.  As I explain in most of my posts, this is a time of awakening on planet and the Pleiades, the Seven Sisters are integral to our ancestral line.  This is my belief, I am not trying to convince anyone, rather gently nudging the one who resonates with these words to search out for themselves if this is something you can invest in.  And, as I've often done before, I'd like to share with you words channeled by Lee Carroll from Kryon, a favorite teacher of mine. For yourself, you can read about Lemuria, the Pleiades and the Seven Sisters of Creation.

And so, with a deep breath, I finish my blog post and feel very, very satisfied with what I've shared with you today.  Like a lot of the information I share, this is only the tip of the very large iceberg.  There is so much information out there about Lemuria, the Pleiades, the Seven Sisters, and the cultures who embrace their origins as being traced back to this star cluster.  If you are anything like me, you will not stop exploring until your eyes close for the night. Then you will continue dreaming of these light beings, and upon awakening, you might ask yourself, "Where did I come from?" And if you're anything like me you will not stop searching until you get the answer that feels like home.

With a fond farewell, I bid you Good day!
Paula   


No comments:

Post a Comment